SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pictures of your set up

Viv

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ tich: thats quite a collection you've accumulated :smiley:

@ Steve (Swamp Thing): Very classy and a beautiful looking scope too :smiley:

I know John I will have to think about selling one (like that's ever going to happen) I literally picked up the 250P on Saturday fitted the Telrad & did a quick collimation & tried it out at the dark site. I had to collimate it again as it was out by a mile the views I were getting with it were quite impressive & I even managed to see M76 something I haven't managed to see using the 200P. I could have added an f11 frac to the line up but then it isn't nothing special as it's only a cheap one but optically it isn't bad & I've had some good views of Jupiter with it.

67660_10151210574473434_91115623_n.jpg

The C80ED I'm hoping to use for imaging but no doubt I'll shove an eyepiece in it & have a look around when the planets are around at a decent hour. The 6"SCT I was going to use for planetary imaging but now I've got the 10" newt I'll probably use that instead although the SCT will hold steady on blustery night.

I posted it elsewhere, but here it is again:

The views from the 10" dob will take some beating :).

For a second there I thought the middle one was attached to the hi-hat stand. Would make it easy to adjust the height for different people I suppose :D

finally took a picture of my new (to me) 12" SW tracking dob in the back yard.

ignore the triffids/sweet corn, there`s nothing interesting behind them at this time of year anyway and they'll be gone by October when interesting stuff starts to come up!

post-26554-0-86009700-1378397162_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

my new(ish) toy :D Orion Optics GX250 on a Vixen GP

still needs work on alignment and a couple of mechanical niggles but first light with rough collimation showed M13, M57 and NGC869/884 nicely

IMG_20130918_153809_zps944a9897.jpg

They're supposed to go outside

Archived