Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pictures of your set up

Viv

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update from me :glasses2:

After experiencing a few issues with balancing the Equinox 80 on the Giro III due to the L bracket being too short I decided that replacing the dovetail would be a bit problematic I eventually decided that replacing the saddle plate for a longer one would allow me to adjust the balance point more effectively.

Just need to find somewhere that sells socket bolts in packs smaller than fifty units...

The saddle plate could do with slightly longer non countersunk bolts but is secure enough.

Here's what I got myself, a Megrez 72 and a table top mount (EQ1).

P1060315.JPG

It's just resting on the mount, not fitted correctly as I need to buy the adapter.

I know I know, it's a EQ1 and it's s*%^& you might say, but for I intend to do... that'll do me nicely for the time being.

P1060318.JPG

P1060324.JPG

P1060322.JPG

I ordered a WO Dielectric diagonal from FLO last night and some second hand eyepieces from the Astroboot :p (all still to be delivered, hopefully by this week-end :)).

FLO's customer services is TOP notch, I will definitely spend more hard earned squids on their website :)

Gonzo

Nice setups, I take a pic of mine and post, although it's a fairly standard one - for now. WO Megrez 90 with an Easy Touch alt/az mount and wooden legs.

I have a spare set of WO mounting 90mm rings that I want to go free to a good home, anyone out there need a set?

Here's my new set-up!

Don't ask how but my wife and I (for fathers day!) managed to get the Meade 14" RCX on the pier/wedge.

Photos literally just taken and added to the thread. Clouds rolling in also so got it covered for tonight (and the next fortnight!) with the Telegizmos 365 cover.

Very nice :rolleyes:

Well heres what i got,

don't think i need to tell you what is what as i'm sure you will all know, also in my sig.

The 130P on the EQ3-2 is up for sale with the standard Skywatcher EP's £100.

The 102 Mak has a nice carbon fibre finish now which looks very nice, it lives on the 130P AZ GOTO mount.

post-20982-133877677165_thumb.jpg

Here's my C9.25 and NEQ6 looking at the moon last night just before the clouds rolled in three hours earlier than forecast.:D

The C9.25 is fitted with a Baader Steeltack focusser and a Skywatcher Autofocus motor. The motor is mounted on a home made bracket and controlled via a HiTech USB focus controller. The scope is also fitted with a homemade dew heater contructed of NiChrome wire and heatshrink tubing from eBay - this is plugged straight into the 12V supply.

The camera is one of the new 618 chipped DMK21's.

All lovely kit ;) - just a shame about the weather!:D

Steve

post-19045-133877678829_thumb.jpg

Today I took delivery of a 11 inch ADM dovetail bar so now can mount my 102mm Achro on the Giro III along side my current ED80.

Very much a case of "little and large" :)

All ready for Peak Star Party this weekend :)

Still need to order another ADM saddle so that they are matching on each side but that is not important at the moment.

Archived