Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bucket List

Dobson

Which objects would you most like to see in the night sky through a scope before you die?

It could be some you haven't already found or the elusive one that you know is hard to see without a bigger scope?

(...probably should be Light Bucket List)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see all the planets with their biggest moons and also transits of Mercury and Venus. For the deep sky objects - they're all amazing and too difficult to pick one or two. Perhaps the Andromeda galaxy in wide field with good detail.

As a kid getting started, thats more years than i care to think about, with a 60mm refractor, seeing Saturn. Still facinates me.

Saw a fantastic meteor shower (perseids) stuck in the middle of the Irish Sea and if anything a repeat would be top of my bucket list.

"Which objects would you most like to see in the night sky before you die?"

If you put your anticipated location and date of departure into stellarium you can check out what's going to be available for viewing - then look the day before lol.

I'd like to see saturns rings face on - I wonder if that will happen? :)

Realistically with my current equipment (and a bank loan, LOL): the LMC, SMC, Omega Centauri and 30 Doradus.

Otherwise: to study the night sky through a very large telescope at a certain observatory in Chile...

Betelgeuse going super nova "the big bang"

Seconded - I often wonder if its already gone pop and the photons are currently enroute to us as we speak. Obviously I`ll be sad that Orion will lose his shoulder, but what a sight!

Archived