NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2011 Family Portrait .....

John

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet, sweet, set of glass !

Is that two smooth side(or is it smooth top?) TeleVue Plossls in that lineup, John?

Andy.

Yep Andy - it's a 21mm circle R smooth side and a 13mm NJ smooth side, so 2 versions of the earlier TV plossls plus the 32mm from the current range :eek:

That's no good - there are still some gaps in the BGO collection! Bwahaha!!!

Yep - I sold the 6mm BGO Ant :eek:

The Tele Vue plossls will have to do their best to "fill in" for the 12.5mm and 18mm BGO's ;)

• 4 weeks later...
WOW ;), what a line up. I wonder if i sold all my ep's could i get by with one Ethos :)

Believe me it maybe something worth trying. My entire eyepiece set would only buy me 1/3rd of an Ethos. :)

Believe me it maybe something worth trying. My entire eyepiece set would only buy me 1/3rd of an Ethos. :)

Nooooo :) You were supposed to say ''don't be stupid and get that idea right out of your head right now''. Have actually had a far more cunning idea. I am due a mobile phone upgrade next month. I'm thinking Samsung Galaxy S ll, then straight onto fleabay for £400 ish. ''Hello 13mm Ethos''. ;) Trouble is though i probably won't be able to part with it once i have a play with it.!

Nooooo :) You were supposed to say ''don't be stupid and get that idea right out of your head right now''. Have actually had a far more cunning idea. I am due a mobile phone upgrade next month. I'm thinking Samsung Galaxy S ll, then straight onto fleabay for £400 ish. ''Hello 13mm Ethos''. ;) Trouble is though i probably won't be able to part with it once i have a play with it.!

Well you won't be needing two of those Hyperion's if you got the 13mm Ethos. So that's £140 raised, just £200 to go (for a secondhand Ethos) :)

Then barlow the Ethos to 6.5mm and loose two Orthos (6mm & 7mm). Another £100 raised.

Getting close!

Perhaps the loose the 8mm Hyperion, now only £30 away. :p

Leave you with: 24mm Hyperion, 13mm Ethos, 5mm BGO

Well you won't be needing two of those Hyperion's if you got the 13mm Ethos. So that's £140 raised, just £200 to go (for a secondhand Ethos) :)

Then barlow the Ethos to 6.5mm and loose two Orthos (6mm & 7mm). Another £100 raised.

Getting close!

Perhaps the loose the 8mm Hyperion, now only £30 away. :)

Leave you with: 24mm Hyperion, 13mm Ethos, 5mm BGO

Russ, you are a bad man ;).

Great collection there John. It has been interesting to see from your other threads how the EP collection has changed over time. Do you see any other changes for the future given that you are now pretty much at the top rung of the ladder ?

Great collection there John. It has been interesting to see from your other threads how the EP collection has changed over time. Do you see any other changes for the future given that you are now pretty much at the top rung of the ladder ?

After borrowing the 30mm and, later the 10mm, Pentax XW's for a while from FLO I've occasionally thought that, if I move away from Tele Vues, that's where I'd go. I was very impressed with the views, build quality and viewing comfort of the XW's. There is a lot of talk about the Tele Vue Delos but I think Pentax might already have that niche quite well covered - it would be very interesting to see how they compare :)

Archived