Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2nd hand Canon.

nephilim

I've bought a couple of absolute beauties off of ebay at real bargain prices - but I guess it can be down to luck, there are however some more established ebay shop sellers who will refund / replace if you are not happy with what yo have bought. I bought my son a 450D with kit lens for his birthday at £100 pounds with only around 6000 shutter actuations and it is in very good condition with great picture quality.

Just need to do some home work, look for the shutter count if available and look closely at the photos with the ad to establish how well it's been looked after. Most canon shutters are generally accepted to have a life span of 100,000 actuations. I have a 100d I bought new from a shop but would not hesitate to buy 2nd hand in the future.

Steve

I used my local Buy n Sell website, which meant I could easily visit and check out the 400D. I also use this method for more expensive lens purchases etc as I'd rather drive a few hundred miles and be sure of the item.

Try to find out something about the seller's photo habits, if all they do is to take family holiday snaps rather than Natural World shooting then the camera will likely have not been hammered.

Best of luck, and patience.

Rich...

I've used MPB too for a couple of lenses and can honestly say that their descriptions of the lenses were spot on. One of the lenses stated that the auto focus didn't work and I got it for 16 quid, posted, and when it arrived everything worked.

Certainly recommended

Regards

Well, after a bit if research iv bought a brand new Canon 700D with EF-S 18-55mm kit lens from ebay for £339, it was an unwanted gift used once then put back in the box. It should arrive in the next couple of days. Thanks for all the helpful advice.

Steve

Good choice,

I just looked on MPB and its changed the site is impossible to navigate now wont be using them again.

Alan

It was far from brilliant before.... But, I agree now it is a complete disaster area. The web developer(s) want shooting! Surely, this is affecting how many people actually purchase something as it is now so difficult to actually find what you want... It is a shame, because the company seems a good one at least.

When I looked this morning I found it ok to use...Especially if you use the search facility at the top of the page start typing then select the actual item from the drop down list... It's not the fastest search in the world sometimes takeing 10-20s before it comes back with the results but it does find the kit if they have it...

Peter...

When I looked this morning I found it ok to use...Especially if you use the search facility at the top of the page start typing then select the actual item from the drop down list... It's not the fastest search in the world sometimes takeing 10-20s before it comes back with the results but it does find the kit if they have it...

Peter...

The problem I had was with general browsing (as you do) within a price range you seem to get differing pages depending which link you press one takes you to the standard listings with options on search parameters and another to a page with favorites and newly listed items with no options.

What is important though is that it is a great source for quality kit maybe its just me getting old and not liking change.

Alan

Archived