Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings from the Canadian Capital!

Dr Hamzonian

Hello everybody,

I have been a fan of this forum for some time now. I have learned a lot from you guys, and continue to learn. Thought I might register and say hello and thank you for all the valuable insights!

I am in Ottawa with an 8" Sky Watcher Dobsonian, keeps me busy on clear weekend nights not to mention frosty this time of year. While I have always been fascinated with space, and in fact hold several degrees in the field, I have only recently started to dedicate sometime to amateur astronomy, mainly because of this great forum!

Thank you, and greetings from Ottawa!

Thank you ALL for the warm reception. I have always though that stargazers are inherently humble and kind people. My thoughts have been confirmed :)

Hi and welcome, gets pretty cold in Ottawa this time of year so I hear.
Visited Ottawa in the late 80s lovely place and friendly people

It sure does Ian, keeps us nice and fresh. Do visit again!

Greetings and Welcome to SGL, Dr. Down the road a bit from you in Vermont here. As you've been watching this fora for a time, you know we love answering questions. So please pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

Clear Skies,

Dave

Thanks Dave, I sure will!

Welcome! I too am from Ottawa! Lots of clear nights recently, but with temperatures dipping well below -20 each night, it is...difficult... to take advantage of them.

Jacob

Jacob! good to see a fellow Canadian, and from Ottawa too! Yah, lots of clear skies last week, I even managed some imaging with my dob and cell phone! But, yes, it is cold, I have a small little spot on my big toe that is still somewhat numb from my last session, be careful out there :D!

Welcome from California.  How do you like your scope?

So far so good, it's an older model, with the rack and pinion focuser, gets really tight at -20 deg outside, might rebuild it and regreese it with lithium greese. Other than that, I am liking it so far.

Hi and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and have found the forum so informative.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Thanks swag72, looking to see you aroud as well :)

Welcome to the dob mob and Welcome to SGL  :smiley:​ .

Thank you. No kidding! so many sw 200 dobs here! Dob mob, I like it, lol.

Hi Dr Hamzonian and welcome to SGL. The 8" Dob is also a very popular scope here in the UK, hope you enjoy your clear nights and the forum :)

Thanks glowjet! It seems I have picked a good one, looking forward to seeing you around!

THANK YOU ALL for the warm welcome. Clear skies, and as we say in Ottawa, stay Frosty!

Archived