Hi from Colchester

hayju01

Hi, I was bought my first scope when i was sixteen (over 20 years ago) i used intensively for 10 years and then sporadically until we had kids and then nothing for the last 8 years. I threw it in the skip last year. being a computer nerd I had a keen interest in astrophotograhy but never did anything about it because with 4 kids there's always something more improtant to spend the money on :)

A couple of weeks ago when i purchased this Digimax-90 Astrophotography Pack after a week of having the scope and two days with the webcam (due to supply issue). My passion for astronomy has been justifed with stunning views of saturn and my eldests sons (10yo) reaction when he saw it for the first time. The webcam I am not so sure on as i've not got that working yet infact i'm not sure it will work, i've been sold a dud? i've been conned and it will only image the moon, or if i just need to persivere.

Justin

Konus Digimax 90

17mm, 10mm, barlow X2

Pentaflex DEP

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Justin, welcome to the forum B)

I would think the guys and gals who use the imaging forum would be able to advice on your Konus kit. I believe though that a web cam will only be useful for the Moon and Planets rather than Nebulae or Galaxies then again I do not image just observe so best check on that. :)

hi justin and family welcome to sgl,well i have the spc900nc web cam and for the moon and planets its mega works really well,i also have a 90mm refractor and its not to good with that apart from the moon not had much joy at all but with the 12"dob the web cam is great got some great video of saturn last night

what programe are you use in for capture of video?sharpcap ? craterlet ect the v lounge is rubbish so what cam do you have if you want to pm me the details maybe a could help ,ps my daughter who is 12 owns the 90mm goto we have and she to loves saturn and jupitershe loves to make videos on the dob and takes thedisks to school to show in her sceince class she can name stars and stuff its a good educational /hobby to have

cheers pat

Hi Justin and welcome

Not sure what webcam you've got but, like a lot of others here, I've got the modded Philips SPC800 which is excellent for the moon and planets but realistically it's not suitable for DSO's here's my last couple of Saturn images - good luck and persevere!

Thank you all for your warm welcomes. For those that asked i have the pentaflex webcam but had not found much out about it UNTIL I have trawelled the net and found that it is similar if not exactly the same as the Orion Starshoot and i found a manual for this one (the one that came with the pentaflex was rubbish) but it has given me some great pointers which i hope to try out soon.

Thanks,

Justin

Archived