Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

just set up- then I get a visitor

Karen

I travel all the way to Cumbria to a dark sky site, set up the scope in a field then I get a nosey visitor. I thought he wanted to look at the horsehead nebula but he was just looking for food- in my camera bag and equipment box. The scope was in danger of destruction as well so I had to move to another field :)

post-23950-133877541554_thumb.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
arrggh, that's bad. But not as bad as 'perhaps he wanted to see the horsehead nebula'.

ps. setting up in a field with large animals! Brave move...

beat me too it Mike, just read this thread and thought surely someone will mention the Horsehead Nebula :p

Hope you have had some good views Karen, which ever field you ended up in next! :)

beat me too it Mike, just read this thread and thought surely someone will mention the Horsehead Nebula :p

Hope you have had some good views Karen, which ever field you ended up in next! :)

Minimal light pollution

And had my first view of Saturn

All that work wasted - what a 'mare! Just when everything was ready and you had the bit between your teeth look what comes alond

Sometimes that happens and there's nothing to be done - horses for courses and all that. Still it will spur you on for better site selection next time. Perhaps you should try the neigh-bouring field?

Did you have a specific target for the night ... stars in the mane sequence? Apparently the milky way is studded with them.

(sorry!)

Archived