Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 1499 - California Nebula... even more narrowband

Grinde

Hey, sry for posting even more HST palette stuff, my 3rd in just one week of imaging. It's a rematch, 'cause last time I tried to image the California nebula, I was using my unmodded dslr & my 190MN, so I just got a starfield (not even sure I pointed the scope on it).

I think I've just seen one or two images of the California nebula in HST palette, so I decided to give it a go, using the reducer on my FSQ, making it a f/3.64 scope with 385mm focallength, but it still filled the sensor of my QSI583wsg. Here it is:

S2: 5*20min

Ha: 5*20min

O3: 6*20min

5485586078_4cd16de351_b.jpg

Ha:

5484989439_9b07679507_b.jpg

Sry it's upside down, but I thought it looked good. Thanks for watching!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow, that really is glorious! Smooth, contrasty and very subtle in the colours. The cloud looks so fluffy.

Perfect seems a fair description of this. Mind you, some RGB stars would really make it perfect...

Olly

Nasa spent how much on that telescope, they could just have used the narrow band filters and we'd all have been just as impressed!:)

Excellent shot... HST filters moved two more notches up the wish list.

Derek

Archived