Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello. At last :) And a bit of story of it.

svetimas

Hello, at last I got my first scope!

As I start to think, it was a long road of thinking, reading, decision making and all this started around two or a bit more years ago.

At first I thought about walking 'bang for a buck' way and started looking at big 250mm Dobsonians. And I almost bought it. The only reason why I didn't buy that the only astro shop in my country is about ~320km away and I was with two friends so i thought it would be too crewel to make them hold my huge telescope for 3.5h journey.

Later come ideas, that I might be interested in astrophotography and that maybe I should take 150-200mm reflector with some EQ mount and later upgrade it. Then started thinking about collimation issues and the need of mirror recoating after some years.

I started shooting stars with my Canon 450D and stacking pictures and I felt that I will really need stuff for astrophotography so I started thinking about of only buying a good mount like HEQ-5 PRO(for tracking) and only do some astrophotography only with camera as I have lenses up to 300mm and later buying a scope.

When I read some real life stories about having a huge telescope and only going to stargaze for only one time a month because of much work and trouble you have with them in order to going somewhere and preparing everything and much smaller scopes witch you just take and go. I thought about my personality too, and it looked like I would feel better of seeing less but seeing more often and with less problems and I grabbed used SW 80ED DS-Pro witch finally arrived yesterday from UK :( It has some spare screws :) but everything else is like new ;)

I have no mount yet so I put my new 80ED on camera tripod, it wasn't very good but at last I made my first look into sky. Thought I wasn't able to find nor M31 nor M42. I have a bit bad eyes so looking and searching is a hard thing for me as I see only a few stars in a night sky :(

Now I am in search of a mount suited for astrophotography, prefered HEQ-5 Pro. Soon I will have access to Buy/sell forum section and I hope I will find a used one there :(

With spring everyone and happy gazing :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived