Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Milkyway Panorama

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, I have posted already but will do so again. I think this is brilliant, original and a lot harder than it might look. I 've been thinking about doing one like it in the summer and then thought, Hang on, you do you... etc etc. It would be on my personal POW shortlist even when the list was getting... pretty darned short!

Olly

A fantastic image and very well stitched together as other have said it would make a great poster :rolleyes:. I had a go at doing this a couple of years ago from the the top of Frocester Hill in Gloucestershire but was using a 10mm lens and struggled to get the images stitched together due the distortion.

Regards

Kevin

A fantastic image and very well stitched together as other have said it would make a great poster :rolleyes:. I had a go at doing this a couple of years ago from the the top of Frocester Hill in Gloucestershire but was using a 10mm lens and struggled to get the images stitched together due the distortion.

Regards

Kevin

It's a cracking view from the top of Frocester Hill :eek:

Wow!!

I don't know how I missed this.

Stunning work Martina :)

Do you mind giving a few details about how you did it?

I just got a DSLR and have had my first attempts at widefield imaging, but nothing good enough to post at the moment, so picking your brains would be great!!

Cheers

Rob

CHeers Rob! Sory for the late reply, but we are really busy renovation just now...

Congrats on your DSLR!! YOU will have a fantastic time capturing widefields, I am sure!

There was not much to the photos at all. I just looked for the best foreground (both ways), shot the first photo, actually two photos the same, moved the camera from this position to pointing right up to capture the middle bit of the pano, two pics again and the the last part of the pano with the foreground again.

I did that about ten times and hoped that I would have some correct-ish overlapping to stitch the panorama.

At home I discovered that two photos were actually enough overlapping-wise and so I manually got the two pics together in PS.

Distortion with the 17-40L on a fullframe 5DmkII is quite a problem so this pano does not claim any astronomical accurancy at all :)

• 9 months later...

Archived