Martin 2

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/tv/int/other/contact/-/feedback/

Cant find the actual schedulers email address lol

FYI heres my mail to them:

Dear Scheduler,

I would like to add to Sir. Patrick Moores dissappointment about the time that the Sky At Night programme is scheduled.

Surely the BBC should pride themselves in promoting education amongst the population of the UK but scheduling a science programme for 1:55am is only going to draw a minimal audience of devoted viewers.

Come on BBC! - Lets have the Sky At Night at a decent hour when it can do some good to stretch the imaginations of non-astrnomers and maybe even spark a bit of interest in those that have no knowledge of the subject!

I'd have thought that Sir Patrick would have been treated with a bit more respect after 50 years of devoted service to the BBC!

Regards,

Paul Stephen

ScottishAstronomers.com

Okay - I have just put my first ever complaint into the BBC. I pointed out the S@N has low viewing figures - but mentioned that if they keep screening the programme in the small hours they wont ever get more viewers. I pointed out the milestone nature of the 650th edition. I pointed out the dumbing down of many science programmes on the BBC and congratulated Sir Patrick on keeping the standard up.

I suggested the scheduler might want to consider a reducation programme - he obviously has little interest in or understanding of science.

I pointed out that as a licence fee payer I would like some quality science programmes at a decent hour of the evening.

In many ways I was "disgusted of Tunbridge Wells".

It wont make any difference, the people in charge of the BBC have no real understanding of science - no wonder our schools and Universities struggle to fill "hard science" courses. The public get fed "pap" by the BBC, little is screened that will challenge the little grey cells.

Okay - RANT OVER - but sometimes I get so pi**ed off by the BBC.

Clkear skies

Tom

I have also just e-mailed "The Sky at Night" and congratulated them on an excellent programme. I explained that I had been a viewer for 30 years and was very unhappy about the scheduling. I said that I understood this was not the fault of Sir Patrick or Chriss Lintott. I asked that the kick the scheduler - he deserves it.

If a couple of hundred people e-mail the BBC, perhaps they will pay some attention. The problem is that we "geeky types" expect a carp service from broadcasters - but remember, we pay the BBC licence fee as well as those who live on a diet of "Eastenders". (God knows why, it is such a depressing programme).

Tom

I don't blame Sir Patrick for being upset. This is damned well insulting! Unfortunately, I left England in 1957, and although PM has always been one of my astronomical heroes (I got the Boy's Book of Space for Christmas in 1957, and never looked back,) I never saw "The Sky at Night" until the magazine appeared with programs on disk. It is a very good program, and I hope it continues even after Sir PM's inevitable departure. If Chris Lintott had a personality, I suppose he could go on with the show, but Patrick Moore's shoes will take some filling. I doubt that Chris could fit a monocle, anyway.

Whilst I agree with all of the comments given on the sheduling aspect I must say I have just finished watching the program it was excellent a sheer delight to sit and watch it I will not spoil it by giving out things of its content just suffice to say it kept me glued even more than I could have expected whilst viewing it so late on yep a great programme this one top notch stuff

Cheers Gaz

Damage for PM has already been done really - but complaints (if read by them upstairs at the beeb at all) should let them know what a total and utter GAFF they made by not paying PM a little homage for all his sterling work by way of some sort of celebratory scheduling for this the 650th issue. Will be watching it this evening on BBC4 at 1930 - looking foward to it :D

Am dissapointed for PM. I would have thought someone at the beeb's scheduling dept might have done him the honour of showing some appreciation and respect for the old boy :x But I guess that by now he knows how things are.

Archived