Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello there

meloncap78

Hello, my name is Josh. I can remember ever since I was a young boy that the vastness of the universe captivated me. I received my first telescope I believe at age 13 (Tasco refractor). I spent hours out in the cold just gazing at whatever crossed the lens. I went through a long period of averted interests and have recently longed to get to know the universe more intimately than before. I have EVERYTHING to learn and want nothing more than to be a "sponge" for knowledge. I just traded in an old ETX-80 that I had towards a new scope yesterday and I cannot wait for some clear skies! Meanwhile I need to be looking at sky charts and getting familiar with some of the main points of interest. I have pondered the Universe in all of it's glory for the past month or so and my mind still can't fathom it's depth. I have done math figuring distances in actual miles of galaxies and such and I feel as if I have now acquired a terrible addiction of some sort. HELP!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am hoping that the skies clear tonight. According to local forecast I have a 3 hour window so lets hope I can get this scope figured out fairly quickly. Any advice on the ETX-125PE?

Archived