NEW HERE

cameraboy56

Hello :) from a very cloudy Mid Wales.......

I'm a Wedding Photographer and run a very sucessfull business here in Powys, have been working very hard to set the business up over the last 10 years and now think is time that I did something for me.... so Astronomy is on the Horizon... forgive the pun :confused:

Have been interested in the heavens since I was a boy( more years ago than I care to say) so now I feel it's time to take the plunge and buy my first Telescope.....

I am thinking of the Skywatcher Explorer 150PL EQ3-2

Am I going down the right path, after reading loads of stuff online it seems to be a good Starter Scope.....

Any comments welcome, will enjoy any feed back

Cheers

M :(

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the planet (s?) :)

You will find loads of help here and members are so keen to pass on their knowledge. Can't comment on that scope but I already love my Skywatcher Mak. Try using the search facility with that scope as a search word.

Have fun but beware. Astronomy is a condition from which there is no cure! :(

The 150P on EQ3-2 is what I started with and found it hard to sell on even after upgrading. Smashing starter scope with great potential - benefits hugely from slightly better eye pieces. It's upgradeable with motors and/or a goto kit, though that may be a more expensive option in the long run than getting it all in one go.

You might also consider a dual speed focuser upgrade later on if you start imaging with it. But a great size and very capable :)

Thanks for the welcome everybody....

Am so looking forward to getting to know everybody.

As I am writing on the forum at the moment I thought I would just ask....

Can anyone recommend a Shop in the West Midlands area where you can go and actually see and touch Telescopes with helpful staff who can give advise??

I live just over the Welsh Border near Shrewsbury..... Thanks

Cheers

Martin

Archived