Lurker Revealed

rubberman

Hello All

Been lurking here since the 9th of Jan when I found the forum, at the time I was searching for info for a colleague whose two son's have been given telescopes for christmas, you can imagine the problem he had two keen boys insisting he help them!

Since a kid I have alway gazed at the night sky amazed at the sights, for years MK1 eyeballs, & Bins were my tools, later SLR's that's an exercise in frustration, currently the DSLR gets exposed to the night time air & produces nice images although i'am still mainly a "DayLight photograher", the temptation to buy a telescope has been with me for a while now.

To that end I am reading as much of the advice & information as I can, thanks all who contrbute to the forum

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rubberman and welcome to the forum.

I was going to ask you about your tag name, then i thought it might better to leave it for the local magistrate to sort out.:):D

Great idea to do the research and the reading first to get a good overview of what you might need when. Astronomy is affordable but there are some nice toys out there that would like your signature. Look out for public observation sessions that local astro clubs/societies run at this time of year to help cement your research, especially regarding aperture.

Don't forget the search button at the top of the page. No such thing as a daft question and the more you know, the better you're decision will be.

Clear skies

James

Archived