Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from North Cumbria!

IXTL

Hi everyone!

Just saying a quick hello and would like to say what a great site this is! Had a telescope for over 5 years now and decided to try and kick on with the hobby. Came across this site - I didn't realise how many folk enjoyed this hobby :)

I still class myself as a beginner, especially after reading some people's knowledge on the subject on this forum.

Just bought myself some 8X56 binoculars to go with my telescope, I'm just waiting for some clear skies now to use them!

:)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everybody for your kind welcomes.

Barkis, isn't it a shame there isn't an Astronomy club of any kind around our area, well as far as I'm aware. It is quite surprising considering the popularity of the hobby.

Ewok, yes I can imagine the light pollution is pretty bad down there, it can be bad up here depending on where you live. Thankfully a short drive out of town can get you to some darker areas!

Thanks again for the warm welcomes! This really is one of the friendliest forums I have had the pleasure on joining :)

Really enjoying reading through all the topics. Learning a heck of a lot! Just need some clear skies to get out there and enjoy the universe!

Archived