Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astro related presents received everyone

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None. :) My wife , daughter , relations etc. never buy me astronomical stuff. They say to get the right diameter , fitting etc. they would have to ask me in the first place , so it would not be much of a surprise !

Merry Christmas to all.

John

- "atlas of the Universe" by good old Paddy Moore from my Brother,

- "Night Scenes 2007", the monthly Night Sky for GB and ROI by Paul L Money from the same brother (has anyone heard of this publication? Looks like a good reference guide for observing targets in the coming year)

- £10 worth of book tokens from my Sister (I asked for it) and great Auntie (I get it every year!) which will probably go to "Turn Left at Orion

- a National Geographic calender with images of various astronomical subjects. The pictures on the whole are interesting, but M42 appears twice, both of which are rather poor pictures lacking detail and almost identical, and the full moon picture is just grey with no detail showing. A nice thought from my mum.

No equipment, but hopefully very rewarding reference.

Andrew

Daughter bought me Bang!

Read bits between various glasses of sherbet. Looks pretty good.

Otherwise, the usual shirts, Cd's, vouchers, etc. Santa didn't bring a brand new C14 after all.

I would think he would have had a problem getting a C14 down the chimany :lol::)

RD

HI all

My parents got me battery heated gloves and socks :) but no batteries :)

My wife gave me "What's out there" book with cracking pictures and a 2" Revelation ED barlow :lol:

My inlaws got me "Patrick Moore on the moon" and "The Sun - a biography" :) which is proving a good read

At least I can read the books while it's still foggy

DAve

Nothing astronomical for me this year, but I did get a pair of sparring gloves and spar pads, on the gift tag it said, 'To relieve tension at times of constant cloud' ... :):)

Caz :)

Im not sure if that should be for the cloud or for the next time you need to collimate your telscope :lol:

RD

Didn't get anything on the day itself (had my new coat back in november) but the wife just sent me a text from work letting me know that she had just recieved a 2007 diary which I can have for logging my observations - yay! The last two came from her place too, bless her. Last year she got me a kiddies pack of SPACE stickers from her favourite stationery shop to plaster all over the cover too (see pic) Not terribly elligant or serious I know, but I love it! :)

image.jpg

Patrick Moore book on Mars

The book with 365 NASA pic of the day. _ The pics are almost as good as the ones on here :)

Cheers

ian

I think I might have the same book, its not called guide to mars, mine is the 1965 addition :lol:

RD

I got some rubber "clogs" to wear outside - they are really comfortable and just slip on when you want to "grab and go". My wife was fed up of me popping out for 5 minutes and coming back 3 hours later with my slippers all muddy :)

Looking forward to visiting the Science and Natural History Museums with my Son tomorrow and having a good look at their meteorite and space hardware collections - that will be a great treat in itself :):lol:

John

My wife bought me 'Universe - a Journey from Earth to the Edge of the Cosmos' by Nicolas Cheetham.

Excellent coffe table book with stunning astro images - some even slightly better than the SGL images - so it must be good !

Oh - and a pair of knitted woollen fingerless gloves for 'outside with the telescope'.

8)

MD

Patrick Moore book on Mars

The book with 365 NASA pic of the day. _ The pics are almost as good as the ones on here :)

Cheers

ian

I think I might have the same book, its not called guide to mars, mine is the 1965 addition :lol:

RD

RD

The Book is called Patrick Moore on Mars. I have no idea how he got their ahead of NASA?

It was 1st published in 1998.

Cheers

Ian

Archived