Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Beginner in Sheffield

yorks

Hi all

I have always had a passing interest in astronomy but the recent Stargazing programmes got me really interested. Would love to hear from other enthusiasts / beginners in the S.Yorks area.

No equipment as yet other than a pair of binoculars but I have been doing some reading on the subject

thanks

Welcome from another (relative) newbie from Sheffield. I can highly recommend you attend one of the Sheffield Astronomical Society's monthly beginners nights. There is one on this coming Monday the 24th. The evenings are split, with a nice topic covered by various members from various perspectives in the first hour (it's Neptune next) then a break followed by astro news, mission news, photos etc. and ideas about what to look for in the coming month. You will be made very welcome, it's a good mixed crowd and you will have plenty of chance to pick the brains of more seasoned astronomers.

Regards. :)

Jimmy.

Archived