Yet another Newbie

Plynlimon

Hi all

Just thought I would introduce myself, the name is Dave or Daf in Welsh, and I have come here to learn as much as possible before buying or making my first scope. I have been interested in astronomy for years but have never, until now had time to indulge myself. I come from a mechanical/engineering background so the thought of building a scope appeals to me.

I will however be starting with wide field and Lunar pics using my trusty Canon 40D :icon_eek:

Wishing the sky would clear so I can get started :D

Daf

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave,

Welcome to SGL :D

You have come to the right place and your background seems just right - I wish I was that practical :icon_eek: I seem to have to rely on buying things other clever folks have made !.

Hope you enjoy your time here :evil6:

Hi Daf,

Welcome to the forum. It's a great place to find out about all aspects of astronomy and I'm sure you'll find some sound guidance here. If your into telescope making there are some interestig threads on the forum which might help. Enjoy.

Thank you all, I think it will take me a while to work through the mine of info in here, I followed the "K2 Star Tracker" link in Wolfytom's post and am contemplating tomorrows little project :icon_eek:.

Daf

Archived