Hi to all from a newbie

bladerider1

Hi all,

My names Rob and I live in a small village in Leicestershire.

I have always been fascinated by the sky and what's out there so I have decided to take the plunge and invest more time and a little money finding out, I have had a quick look around the forum and think it's great full of what will be very useful information for the newcomer to this like me :).

Cheers Rob

Hi Rob and welcome to SGL :)

If you're interested - we have a social group in your area with two dark sites where we meet for observing on clear nights. You'd be welcome to trip along and see what you think. Just click the East Mids Stargazers link in my signature for further info and leave an intro in the group threads :evil6:

Hi Rob and welcome to the forum.

I have to admit that I have learnt a lot from this forum so far as well meeting some really nice people to during the star parties that tis forum participates in. Reading up on all the kit out there and working out if it is likely to match your needs can be a bit exhausting at times but don't forget to look through some kit as part of your research. There are a lot of public observation evenings taking place at the moment so make sure you get along to as many as possible. Its also a chance to get up close to this kit as some of it is pretty large and heavy which might be a factor should you need to move it around or need to travel to a dark site.

Best of luck and don't forget the search facility at the top of the page.

Clear skies

James

Archived