Hello everybody another newbie

Matt Weir

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Matt and welcome to SGL....If you tell people what it is you want to do, whether purely Observing or Astrophotography and what kind of budget you have someone here will be able to point you in the right direction...:)

Thanks everybody I was just browsing looking at telescopes does anyone know of this is it any good? Seben Big Boss 1400-150 Reflector Telescope is this any good?

Cheers

Matt

Are you going to tell him, or am I ? :)

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum.

First piece of advice, stay off ebay unless you know what you're buying. Second, what ever you decide upon please contact your local astro society and go along to one of their public evening sessions so as to look through the kit first.

In addition, you might want to ask yourself, will I need to observe from a darker sight? If yes this will mean that you are going to have to transport this gear about and some of it is not small or light. What do you want to look at - planets or galaxies? Different scopes work in different ways and so they each hold an advantage to maximize observing different objects although there is a degree of cross over. Most important of all, what is your budget and are there other things you might need to pay for?

Please don't rush the research and ask as many questions here!

Clear skies

James

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum.

First piece of advice, stay off ebay unless you know what you're buying. Second, what ever you decide upon please contact your local astro society and go along to one of their public evening sessions so as to look through the kit first.

In addition, you might want to ask yourself, will I need to observe from a darker sight? If yes this will mean that you are going to have to transport this gear about and some of it is not small or light. What do you want to look at - planets or galaxies? Different scopes work in different ways and so they each hold an advantage to maximize observing different objects although there is a degree of cross over. Most important of all, what is your budget and are there other things you might need to pay for?

Please don't rush the research and ask as many questions here!

Clear skies

James

Thanks for the advice James

Matt

Archived