Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Well its now time

r.t.swing

When I was a kid I dreamed of learning more about our universe. I did what I could with a pair of binoculars, but its time to see more. I'm looking to get a good telescope for my family. I have read as many links as I can find on first scopes and their differences. Now its choice time but that will be for another section of this forum I believe.

Now lets see whats out there.

P.S. How or when can a member access the for sale section, if I can get better second hand for the price of new, so much the better.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You cannot see the For Sale section until you have notched up 50 posts.

When you get there (50) the for sale section is part of the Equipment section.

Can only suggest that you answer to anyone that replies to your questions, that way it all adds up. Also you will have a good few questions to ask no doubt.

Alternative is the UK Astronomy Buy and Sell web site:

U.K. Astronomy Buy & Sell

What scope are you thinking of?

Or have you stuck a post asking for suggestions in the General - Equipment section.

I blimmin' hate that 50 posts + 1 month rule, but it was explained to me in a pm earlier today and makes complete sense - the board is only trying to look after its members - doesn't mean it isn't a pain though!!

Just say hi to everyone who posts in this forum, it seems they are getting at least 25 new members saying hi a day, so you could hit the magic 50 mark in a few days, then just sit tight for a month..

HI!

However, to be honest, its giving me time to read posts a lot more, and since joining I have changed my mind about what scope to buy several times - mostly due to things read on this forum that has helped me re-evaluate my scope needs.

Doubt I`ll manage to hold out for a month though!!

(secretly I think they have a deal in place with FLO :icon_eek:

Archived