Hello From a first Dayer

Aircarl

Hi

We got the daughter a scope for christmas so been the perfect dad I am, I had to learn to use it so that I was all knowledgable and intelligent (as dads are supposed to be to a 10 year old)

Last night was the first clearish night we've had so we went into the garden and found the moon.

Ok there wasn't much of it but what we did see was awesome and now my 10 year old is totally buzzing on the idea of seeing more.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Carl welcome to SGL...Relatively new to this too and i find im buzzing after finding something new in the sky...M45 Pleiades, M42 Orion Nebula and of course the Planets..Jupiter was amazing, Saturn WOW...Have you downloaded Stellarium? A very useful tool...:)

Hi Carl A fantastic age to rope them in to Astronomy as you are new to all this

have you down loaded stellarium it will show you how to get round the skyies just fill out where you are and away you go hope this helps, im waiting for my grandson to get a bit older as he is only 5 years old looking forward to that

and a warm welcome to the forum

Doug

Essex.UK

Hi Carl and welcome to SGL :)

Any help we can be just post your questions in the "Beginners Advice" section and someone will be along with answers soon. Be nice to know what scope you have - or add it to your signature :evil6:

Archived