Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Santiago, Chile

Victor_MO

Hi, my name is Victor, I've been watching the skies for several years, I've been reading basic astronomy books and enjoing the clear skies of Chile with my bare eyes or with bins, but one week ago I decided to buy mi first telescope and it was like open my eyes for first time!

So I started looking for forums or web pages about astronomy resources and that was how I found you guys.

I hope to learn a lot of you and may be I could share some images from the south with you.

BTW, my telescope is a Celestron Omni XLT 150.

Thank you!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hola TeaDwarf, I live in Penalolen in the new suburbs of Santiago, so the skies are clearer than the downtown. But I'll take your advice and this weekend I'll be going out of the city.

The buses are modern and less contaminant, but we have more buses and a lot more cars than 5 years ago, so the pollution is not decreasing... :)

Thank you all for your kindly welcome!

And sorry for my barely useful english! !

Hi Victor and welcome to the forum.

I hope you are experiencing better weather than we are here in England. I look forward to seeing some of your images from the south as there are some great objects to image.

Clear skies

James

Archived