Hi everyone ,

neebuz

hello

i too was given a telescope for xmas ( a sky watcher skymax 102) , ive never used a telescope before , so a complete novice , not been able to try it yet , found your site :( , been doing my homework for a few days now just waiting for a break in the clouds(typical UK weather lol) all types of advice / comments appreciated

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Neebuz and welcome to the forum.

Two suggestions:

STELLARIUM is a free planetarium software that will help you to get to know the sky, lots of features on it to play with when its cloudy and is great for planning on what you want to see. Better going out with a plan as you can read up in advance on what you're looking at - builds the knowledge up :(

TURN LEFT AT ORION which is a great observing book designed specifically for your size of scope and lists per season targets to see and how to find them. BUT don't buy it yet, as there is a revised addition coming out in the spring. The existing tables in the current edition are only valid up to this year so I wouldn't want you to waste your money on an 'old' copy! :)

Clear skies and happy hunting.

James

Archived