Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sort of a Newbie

Wilsmaboy

Hello SGL

I joined this forum a few months ago after getting my first telescope for my birthday Nov 09. It was a Skywatcher 150 with motor drive. I dabbled a bit , weather permitting, and eventually upgraded (I think) to a Skymax 127 MAT AZ Goto.

I'm gradually building up my kit to enable me to take my first astrophotograph - planetary first I think - small steps and all that.

Investigating the 'how to' led me to this site and I can say that it is the most informative, and friendly, site I've seen. Look forward to lots more postings.

Wilsmaboy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome from a fellow newbie! :(

Hello SGL

it is the most informative, and friendly, site I've seen.

Wilsmaboy

I couldn't agree more. This forum is superb and the people who are here could not be more helpful. What a comfort to beginners like us to have this vast pool of knowledge at our fingertips. The few questions I have asked so far have been answer extremely quickly.

I have only been a member here for a matter of days and I can't keep away now.

I can stop by here and learn something new each time I visit. It's a credit to everyone concerned.

A Grand Gazing To All ! (When we finally get some clear skies) :)

Jimmy.

Hi Wilsmaboy and welcome to the forum.

Making Every Photon Count by the forum's own Steve Richards is a very good book to get you started in the dark art of imaging.:(

It is also very useful in setting the scene for what you need in order to obtain the kind of pictures that you might want to have but be warned, the only black hole you might end up imaging is the one in your wallet!:):D

Clear skies

James

Archived