NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astrofest London 2011

barkis

Well, it's on the horizon again, and It is one event I enjoy, so circumstances permitting, I will be in London on the Friday, and attending the Saturday, where I will take in the last Saturday conference, which include Dr Allan Chapmans lecture on Arthur Eddington, who demonstrated Relativity, and that popular guy Brian Cox, Recreating the Early Universe.

Plus looking at all that Astro gear I can't afford, but what the hell, looking at it is a buzz :).

Ron.

http://www.astronomynow.com/astrofest/conference.html

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guy`s Eastcoast rail`s done me proud £1 cheaper than last year only £8 oneway newcastle to london.YHA £25 a night, more cash for all the goodies! Last year even the weather was good,looking forward to another good show,only improvement would be a larger venue as it gets very congested at times.Here`s hoping for some good show special`s and even the odd freebie,

Cheers

Mike

Ron

I am going down on Friday and staying overnight. Like you I have booked session 4 with Alan Chapman and Brian Cox. It would be good to meet up again sometime during saturday.

Mark

Sure thing Mark. If I remember, you were the first one I met last year on the Saturday.:).

It will be great being there again, and seeing the other guys.

I enjoy the trip down.

Ron.

It is a great event. I will see if I can make it but it gets darned expensive when you have to cross the channel etc.

Olly

It's a shame I didn't book rail tickets earlier. I booked them 12 weeks in advance last year, and got there and back for £35 with a Senior Railcard. It's almost £100 this time.:):eek:.

Ron.

I will most likely be attending this year's atsrofest as I will be down in London that weekend for my 19th on the Sunday. I am really looking forward to going as I missed it last year due to taking a whistle-stop tour of the major sights of the capital on the Saturday as it was my first trip to the city and was my b'day.

Hi

I will be there for the duration helping out on the Widescreen Centre stand where there will be, weather permitting, Gregory Terrance from FLI, Gino Bucciol from Officina Stellare, somebody from Televue and Orion from America. Come and say hello

Best wishes

Gordon

I hope the exhibit hall will allow pics. I'd really enjoy seeing what you guys get up to. If there is an equivalent expo in the States, I'm not aware of it.

Hi Hutch, pics are aloud and there are some threads on here from previous years. I'm sure members on here will post some again this time around :(

Regards

Kevin

I hope the exhibit hall will allow pics. I'd really enjoy seeing what you guys get up to. If there is an equivalent expo in the States, I'm not aware of it.

Hi Hutch

Pictures are definitely allowed, I think there are several expos similar to this in the States such as NEAF in New York in April

Best wishes

Gordon

Archived