Hello from Oxfordshire

Ouroboros

Hello there - About a year ago I took up astronomy again having been fascinated as a youngster. That early interest got me interested in science and led on to a science based career. I couldn't afford a telescope back then but when I recently retired it suddenly occurred to me that I could now buy some equipment and I have the time to do some astronomy. I have a 200 mm SkyWatcher Newtonian and am learning both the joys and frustrations of astrophotography. South Oxfordshire is not the best place for viewing from a light pollution point of view, but what the heck I'm enjoying it anyway. I hope to get discussing things astronomical with you soon. :):)

Hi there!

It's worth joining the Abingdon Astro society if you haven't already - regular talks and club observing evenings at dark sites (although this week's looks to be a write off due to the weather :) )

Robin

Robin

Hi Ouroboros and welcome to the forum.

8" of scope will certainly help you find a lot of great objects to observe. Astrophotography or the "Dark Side" as it's sometimes known does have its frustrations but 'Picture Of The Week' clearly demonstrates what can be achieved!

Clear skies

James

Archived