Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from York

NizMakka

Hi everyone. I thought it about time I made my introduction after reading this forum for a while.

Astronomy has been one of those things I said I'd get round to. I had a bit of spare cash and found a Celestron 130EQ on a CG3 going quite cheap on the Marketplace, so decided to buy it. I'm glad I did as it's been been great so far looking at all these new objects. Jupiter and some of the DSO's come to mind.

Already I find myself wanting a larger scope and a better mount (I see that's usual on here) so every penny is being saved up for that day, or should I say night?? Although I think I need to hit that magical 50 posts before anything falls into my price range and I do check the other sites for bargains. Plenty of time yet though.

All the best,

Niall

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Niall and welcome to the forum

No need to rush into buying kit as the stars will still be around for when you do. I would always stick to the major manufacturers and buy the best you can afford. I don't believe there ids such a thing as a beginner's scope only one that suites your budget and circumstances (e.g will you need to travel to get dark enough skies) My best recommendation is to get along to public viewing sessions organised by most local astro societies to get your eye in on some of their equipment so that you can build up a picture of what you can get for your money. Then I would ask for recommendations and see if any cocinide with your own ideas. I am doing this exact thing myself so take your time.

In the mean time clear skies.

James

Archived