NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Philips SPC880NC is now.......

russ

On a different note, i'm wondering if it's worth sending one of mine off to Astronomiser for the long-exposure mod. I'm particularly ham-fisted when it comes to soldering anything, so don't think i'd be able to DIY. Not planning on long-exposure imaging as such, but a CCD capable of integrations of a few seconds is a useful thing to have around.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh, that's interesting. That means it's crashing somewhere inside the Philips driver code, rather than in my code - SharpCap may be telling it to do something stupid.

I'll get back to you by PM later with some instructions on how to capture a crash dump and send it to me. Might be tomorrow as I'm busy today.

cheers,

Robin

Can`t get it to even start on my Vista laptop,am using the latest version with one of Dions flashed 900`s:icon_scratch:.

Apologies for being so late to the party :)

The astronomy webcam adapters should arrive sometime today. The price is unchanged and, like Wayne, we are including a free 1.25" eyepiece cap (while stocks last).

astronomy_webcam_adapter.jpg

Steve

Arggggh I think I ordered the wrong nosepiece from FLO this morning, any chance of changing the order ?? Order ID: 11943

K Lewis,

Gloucester

Edited by Photosbykev

I'm wondering if maybe it's because my Netbook has a built-in webcam too. If I select that, then Sharpcap works fine - but is taking pictures of me at the keyboard :) . it's only when I switch to the flashed SPC900NC that it crashes. If I don't click ok/cancel (or whatever the options are on the 'report to microsoft' box, I forget) then some activity continues in the Sharpcap window.

Our XP netbook switches twix built in cam & flashed webcam without a glitch (sharpcap), was playing with it this morning, will the philips work with other software, try connecting camera, then open the scanner and camera wizard in accessories under programs. I get an alert to choose the netbook cam or the phillips spc900. (we already had the drivers on the netbook, we have used one for guideing since we started)

(J's dad)

Edited by JCJC

Arggggh I think I ordered the wrong nosepiece from FLO this morning, any chance of changing the order ?? Order ID: 11943

K Lewis,

Gloucester

No probs, it has been packaged but not dispatched so I can easily change the order. The correct adapter is cheaper so we need to arrange a partial refund. I'll PM you details :)

HTH,

Steve

.... so it's not possible to flash these if you don't have access to a computer with Windows XP?

I've got three of them now, but no means to make them work!

What Operating System do you have? If it's Win 7, you can download "XP Mode" free from Microsoft. This is a Win XP running inside a window on your Win7. People on here have said that this works for flashing.

... you can download "XP Mode" free from Microsoft. This is a Win XP running inside a window on your Win7....

Yes, I do have Win 7. I'll have a go, as long as it doesn't mess everything else up!

.....you can download an xp mode...

Dammit. Just tried to download XP Mode and I get the message: 'You are not eligible to download Windows XP Mode. You must have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate to run Windows XP Mode.' I have windows Home Premium 64 bit.

Anyone else have this problem?

Hi Russ sorry to be such a thicky but where on the Morgans site is the inf file to be found:icon_scratch: just got my supply of webcams:hello2: and a nose from Fdos design :hello2:but am very aprehensive as i am a complete novice :confused:with computors,

Regards

Mike

P.s. it also says on one of the webcams that you should install software? before connecting am i missing something? All and any advice accepted willingly.

Half way down the ad, please download driver from here.

or http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/downloads/spc880nc.zip

un zip & put the file in a folder somewhere easy to find (desktop?), plug in the camera, it will look for a driver, pick the folder you have just created, it will install using the spc880nc.inf file.

now 'puter will see it and you can flash it.

(J's dad)

Edited by JCJC

Find the .inf file at morgans, d/load then install ( right click), then the cam will be recognised when it's plugged into the machine. You might have to "Show" windows where to find the .inf file when you do plug it in.

Then open WcRam , check relevent disclaimer box, click to open cam, choose cam, then open binaries( presuming you've already moved the SPC900 bin file into the correct folder in the WcRam program file folder ),click on spc900 binary then bottom right- move to cam.

It's all in this thread somewhere