Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Out Tonight ?

Martin 2

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird... The winds dropped, rain has stopped, relatively clear now, but theres cloud threatening, N,E,S and west.... Hmmmm Shall I or sharn't I?? Ahh what the heck..

Caz :)

Caz

you need a grab & go set up :)

I do have the frac, but don't have the rings for it yet, working on it though! :)

Caz :)

Well, I finally got out tonight, set everything up got some good views of the moon, even got my webcam hooked up as well :)

Everything was going too well :nono: I thought I would try and find Andromeda (Probablly the moon would wash it out, but wanted to try and find it) How the hell do you guys use the bl00dy finder scope!!!! :) I cannot use the thing at all. What I see through the finder bears no relation to what I see with my bare eyes. I mean I see loads more stars in the finder and cannot seem to figure out what star I want. I have got a red dot finder but it does not fit in the socket that the finder scope goes in so I glued it on the back of my scope :) Needless to say it fell of this afternoon so I could not use it tonight :) I thought the finder would be OK but looks like I need to master that before I go any further :) I will have a play with my moon footage and maybe post a piccie.

How the hell do you guys use the bl00dy finder scope!!!! angry I cannot use the thing at all. What I see through the finder bears no relation to what I see with my bare eyes. I mean I see loads more stars in the finder and cannot seem to figure out what star I want.

:) :) :) No exactly where your coming from I couldnt get on with it at all and then you got the left ...no right scenario........I assume it gets better with practice, if we can actually get any !!!!

Don't think gluing the finder onto the scope was the best idea in the world, but hey!

Been out tonight just for the moon.

The wind was that strong here, it was blowing the scope around on the dob base :)

still got my best ever moon shots, so I'm a happy Kain

Just got in and the skies are crystal clear and the moon sets in just over an hour, time to set up and switch the puter on. :)

Should have known better, first two E-mails and everything has gone pear shaped. WORK should be a swearword.

So everything put back in their boxes and off to bed for an early start in the morning. Budder :)

Set up and been out since 8, very clear tonight except the moon is washing things out abit but should be good later.

Anyone else out ?

M2

Been out for a while, its getting cold now, can,t go out in my slippers anymore :insects1:

I know I should have left the washing outside, save me a job :) :) :)

RD

Was very clear last night here in north west london, apart from the street lamps of course :) got my first view of comet swan last night and was pretty impressed, through 10x50 binoculars it was a tiny fuzzy blob with a dense bright core, might try it through the 10" newtonian tonight as it looks to be clear again, I only got to look at it for 5 minutes though because an airplane literally flew straight through it leaving a huge contrail, wich stayed there for about an hour! blumming london!

Archived