SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Out Tonight ?

Martin 2

Well, I finally got out tonight, set everything up got some good views of the moon, even got my webcam hooked up as well :)

Everything was going too well :nono: I thought I would try and find Andromeda (Probablly the moon would wash it out, but wanted to try and find it) How the hell do you guys use the bl00dy finder scope!!!! :) I cannot use the thing at all. What I see through the finder bears no relation to what I see with my bare eyes. I mean I see loads more stars in the finder and cannot seem to figure out what star I want. I have got a red dot finder but it does not fit in the socket that the finder scope goes in so I glued it on the back of my scope :) Needless to say it fell of this afternoon so I could not use it tonight :) I thought the finder would be OK but looks like I need to master that before I go any further :) I will have a play with my moon footage and maybe post a piccie.

If you can, get a telrad, I could no longer manage without it. Also if you dig a little deeper in the pocket you can also get the telrad finder charts of the messier objects by Brent watson

Since I bought that and the telrad togehter, I find things much quicker and easier that my old goto that I had.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have glued the red dot finder back on this morning, well I glued the mount on, so I can still remove it to change batteries etc. I now havr the normal finder and the red dot finder, so should be sorted for tonight :)

Any sugestions what to go for? I am facing nearly due south so was thinking with my 8" newt I shoud get a good view of the Orion nebula?

I was out last night out the front and showing the kids the moon as they cam round trick-n-treating.

Without fail, everyone that had a look (and a few mums did as well) went 'Wow!'!! It was especially good when a few whisps of cloud went through the FOV - it was a real All Hallows Moon :)

Out tonight fingers crossed!!

Archived