Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

If money was no option...

tarqs101

The Hale 200" at Palomar. Great optics and a beautiful art deco building on top of a mountain - what more could you ask for ? Course it would need conversion back to a visual scope but hey - if money is no object what the hell :)

Failing that I'd settle for the 100" at Mount Wilson.

Some cool ideas,

I would love my own obs, with a large computer controlled 'scope with a wonderful CCD to capture astropics and a live view camera attached. Maybe the live view cam could project the image onto a massive screen for outreach activities!!

move to somewhere out of the way like canada or alaska, have an obsy built, nip to russia and get my hands on the new 300k and maybe the 200mm refractor (both in delevopment)

eerrmm, the entire ethos and radian range by Televue. i think that should do

Buy an island with great dark skies preferably in indian ocean and rent out observing holiday homes, free to SGL members for one week of your choosing every year of course. Set up, well I dont know enough yet to decide what is the best but the biggest baddist boy going would be a good start.

If money was no option... Well I'll probably ask premission to have a house built near to the Very Large Telescope in Chile so I can bribed them into using their facilities. And when their really busy with so called 'important' observations, I'll use the most expensive amateur setup money can buy... you know the sort of setup where you have those sliding draw tool boxes that are full of every eye piece manufactured today. :)

Buy an island with great dark skies preferably in indian ocean and rent out observing holiday homes, free to SGL members for one week of your choosing every year of course. Set up, well I dont know enough yet to decide what is the best but the biggest baddist boy going would be a good start.

This post is a win. :)

If money was no option, (or should that be no object) you would probably be so rich and famous that people would be giving you telescopes in return for your personal endorsement.

Failing that, a C14 and a TEC refractor in a custom-made observatory with Scarlett Johannson as my personal assistant. Actually forget the telescopes.

That 50" dob really is something. TBH though, you could buy a small house for that lol. I guess if I had all the money one could want, I would buy a big pile of 'em and hand them out to SGL members, buy a huge F off mansion in the middle of nowhere with a huge garden and servants, and we could all just sit around all day/night and never have to go to work, just stargaze.

Archived