Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Kent

astro_al

Hi Everyone,

My name is Al and I'm from Kent. I have been interested in astronomy for about ten years and am currently recovering from a severe case of astrophotography. Seriously, my hat is off to those of you that take such beautiful pictures of the night sky. Lets just say that tools such as CCDInspector brought out the worst in my obsessive nature, and never has so much time been spent on the creation of so few images.

No computer will ever be connected to my telescope again. Ever.

I look forward to being a member of the forum.

Best wishes

AL

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Al,

A very warm welcome to SGL, never say never, perhaps some discussion with some of the imaging section may encourage you to make a new approach, which will enable you to go over to the dark side and produce those jaw dropping images of the Universe. Enjoy the forum.

John.

Welcome Al!

I'm a newbie and have made the conscious decision to be an observer only for the foreseeable future. Astrophotography would take up way more of my time, space, patience (and money no doubt) than I can spare right now.

Just looking up, learning the sky and enjoying myself. Most relaxing!

Sorry to hear of your astroimaging woes, I have wanted to stamp on my computer many times but have those moments when it all works and produce results but it can be frustrating and a deep space image takes an age to collect the data. Welcome to the Forum AL.

JohnH.

Hi Al, welcome to SGL.

Thanks John. It's a nice thought but I really feel like I have re-discovered the hobby now that I am back behind the eyepiece.

AL

Cheers to that! I have rediscovered the simple joy of looking at the sky by being constrained to a pair of binoculars through the holidays (OK, 15x70, but still). Just looking can be such great fun. BTW, the scope looks really nice.

Cheers

Michael

Archived