SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron Skymaster 15x70 Reduced!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shocking price, if you haven't got a pair of these i highly recommend them.

Last night, lying on my back in the grass looking up with these beauties revealed hundreds of stars, i was sucked in by the view and felt as if i was there.

Last night looked the best conditions for weeks.

Unfortunately my bins are in fedex's warehouse, 45mins drive from my house, whilst they try to arrange redelivery.

Prob'ly be cloudy when I get them !

Got mine yesterday and surprisingly was a crystal clear night! Not having a serious look for anything, me and the g/f had a general browse around the sky with them.

The amount of stars seen in the milk way was incredible. Capella twinkled a wonderful white and red

The only downside was what has already been said about these, the L bracket supplied with them is quite flimsy once the binoculars are attached. Attached to a sturdy Manfrotto tripod, the slightest touch of the binoculars would cause them to wobble for 10 seconds or so. Thus, we resorted to hand held viewing, which was ok for a short periods, but being quite heavy this definitely isn't a long term solution. So i'm about to order a sturdy metal L bracket and recommend anyone else to whose thinking of tripod mounting these to also.

In conclusion, I'd recommend these to anyone, both those wanting to get into stargazing and those already with a scope. The views are truly incredible, very affordable (thanks to FLO awesome price at the moment), and a lot more portable than a heavy dob. The only downsides being, like me, you may start to reach for these rather than your scope for general star gazing :p

Cheers FLO!

Hi Steve/James

Is FLO going to be at Salisbury in any form this weekend?

If so could I arrange to have a pair of these of you there?

James will probably be there Thu-Sun, I will join him Saturday.

We aren't actually attending as FLO but I'll make sure I have some in the car :p

Steve

Received mine yesterday too. Thanks for the great service :)

Well worth the money. Nice and sharp.

There's quite a lot of coloured fringing around the edges off centre, but guess that is normal for 15x70 binoculars at this price?

Also can anyone recommend a cheap case that will protect them better, and a tripod bracket that doesn't flex so much.

Cant wait for the moon to start showing :p

Thanks

There will be some colour fringing. In 'astro speak' they are essentially two £25 achromat refracters with image-erecting-prisms. Well-corrected 'APO' refractors are significantly more expensive.

Not sure about good cheap binocular cases, perhaps other members can comment on suitable products.

We do offer a more sturdy binocular mounting bracket if required (select Large).

HTH,

Steve :p

Damn those special offers,how could I resist.These will be my "holiday optics".

Order sent ,cheers Adrian.

Got mine today! :) I'm delighted to say my better half really wants to start observing with me and the bins would be a perfect addition!

Mine arrived a couple of hours ago with a complimentary cloudburst just as fedex opened the van door.

It`s all clear now though,will take a trip along Southports coast road ,and have a peep over at the folks over the water in Blackpool with them.Might be able to see if they`ve got that stand ready yet.:)

Archived