Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Skymaster 15x70 Reduced!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yes, I should have said. These are brand new, boxed, unopened, official imports with full manufacturers warranty.

So no catch :)

Edit: James has reminded me that we open and check them for alignment prior to dispatch so whilst they arrive here boxed and sealed, we open, check and reseal them. The important thing is that they are new stock, not returns or refurbished items.

Also, we are closed tomorrow (preparing for the South West Astronomy Fair) so orders received today will be dispatched Monday for delivery Tuesday.

HTH

Fedex. It would normally have been with you tomorrow but your order arrived after today's collection. We'll dispatch it Monday for Tuesday. If you would prefer an alternate date or address please email us details.

HTH,

Steve

We currently have eight remaining but hope to secure more next week. We'll know tomorrow or Monday.

The reduced price is available to all official UK Celestron dealers until end of August (or until stocks run out). We are the first to pass on the reduction but other might follow, particularly after they see this thread, so we might have competition for the remaining stock.

If you are an SGL member or existing customer and would like us to hold one til end of month, we'll happily do so :)

HTH,

Steve

These are great astro binos at their original price never mind this special offer. I use mine on a Cullmann tripod with an added RDF for the easy identification of star fields.

Mark where did you get your red dot finder adapter?

Fedex. It would normally have been with you tomorrow but your order arrived after today's collection. We'll dispatch it Monday for Tuesday. If you would prefer an alternate date or address please email us details.

HTH,

Steve

Thanks, Tuesday should be good :)

Will the collimation defiantly be checked before there sent out? as i've seen a lot of reviews from other places where people have to send them back because of this problem.

Hello Irishbloke

I have a Cullmann tripod then a Manfotto grip. The bracket is a flash arm that inserts into a quick release Cullmann head. The UK agent is Newpro and here is a link to the Cullmann accessories part.

Cullmann General Accessories - Suction Cups, Clamps, Spirit Levels - distributed by Newpro UK Ltd

The arm is the following

Cullmann 0956 Special Bracket - £17.35

0956%20lge.jpg

The Cullmann Special Bracket provides extra mounting space for a range of accessories which can mount on either a ¼" screw thread or accessory shoe such as lighting, or external flash units. The bracket attaches to any head on a 2000 or 3000 series tripod.

Hope this helps.

Mark

I've just ordered a pair too.

Will these need tripod mounting, or can they be hand held (...my arms arent quite as well built as my avatar might suggest!)

You can probably get 10 or 15 minutes hand held viewing with these but they really should go on a tripod.

Will the collimation defiantly be checked before there sent out?

Yes, definitely, absolutely :)

We check most binoculars prior to dispatch, particularly those costing <£100.

...as i've seen a lot of reviews from other places where people have to send them back because of this problem.

The Celestron Skymaster 15x70 binoculars arrive here in boxes of six. The packaging is quite sturdy but occasionally the ones packed at either end of the box can become damaged when the carrier is clumsy enough to drop it on a corner! Which is why we test them :D

All orders received so far have been checked and dispatched for delivery tomorrow via Fedex.

HTH

...my arms arent quite as well built as my avatar might suggest!

When handholding binoculars, after focusing move your hands to the front then grip them around the 70mm objectives. You will find it easier to achieve a steady view. A garden lounger is also perfect for comfortable binocular observing.

HTH

Archived