Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first SPLENDIDE JUPITER in colour RGB

FranckiM06

Hello every body,

So, the last time June 28th, I done lot of AVI and RGB, so I show you my SPLENDIDE RESULT:D. I'm so HAPPY about my BEAUTIFUL Jupiter :D. I think it is my BEST JUPITER of my life actually. Also, I think with this Takahashi refractor TSA 120, the colour is true and it is very sharp. The turbulence was very low and stable. Also I done with my Powermate x4 and the DMK 21.

So, I done 30s of exposure on each filter R.G.B so 1'30 total exposure and at 15f/s 1/15 exposure, gain 800, gamma 110:

jupiter2franck.jpg

I hope you will apprecied it because I'm so happy about this image.

Franck

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello every body,

So, the last time June 28th, I done lot of AVI and RGB, so I show you my SPLENDIDE RESULT:D. I'm so HAPPY about my BEAUTIFUL Jupiter :D. I think it is my BEST JUPITER of my life actually. Also, I think with this Takahashi refractor TSA 120, the colour is true and it is very sharp. The turbulence was very low and stable. Also I done with my Powermate x4 and the DMK 21.

So, I done 30s of exposure on each filter R.G.B so 1'30 total exposure and at 15f/s 1/15 exposure, gain 800, gamma 110:

jupiter2franck.jpg

I hope you will apprecied it because I'm so happy about this image.

Franck

Lovely shot shot Franck but 30 secs is being a bit obssesive at this scale 40 seconds would be fine for sure even 50 secs no problem, dont take my word for it, check out the link i left on your other post, about capture times Mike salway ice in space page its on there. Its a lovely shot you got here

First, thank you very much every body and I'm very happy that you like my image because it is not every days that the weather is good with out any turbulence.

Abernus, don't be worry because you can make a copy of my image and I'm so happy you like so much my last image of Jupiter.

Doug, don't be worry too because I will do pleinty of other image in the futur !

Rik, Yes off course I can see that my refractor is very good and the quality of TAKAHASHI is really good.

Franck

Thank you all,

Dweller, how it is your result because in the south of France, we have always some turbulence and when is quite, we can only have these result few time per year !

Franck

Hi Franck,

I was out drawing at 3:45UT, Saturn was low and the Sky was bright but very steady.

Here is my drawing - not as much detail as your fantastic image but I did see the barge in the North Temperate Belt.

Best regards.

post-13701-133877459632_thumb.jpg

Part of this super sharp result is a refractor - no central obstruction, and relatively small aperture - less affected by seeing + the Takahashi has top class optics.
lol well yes maybe Rik but are you suggesting its preferable to apeture ? because a higher scale shot could be made to look that sharp noise free whatever just by downsizing easily, upsizing is the real challenge not downsizing.

I still think apeture wins hands down, others reading this may think your suggesting its in some way preferable to apeture, as for advicing anyone i cant be botherd, ill let my results speak when jupiter is at opposition and the problem with my camera sensetivety dissapears.

noticed how using a longer focal length has led to Franck being more pleased, got that bit right lol. People can pick and choose there techniques, But the results in the end will speak for themselves 150 seconds of capture time will work at 4 5000 mm focal length mainly because the scale is too small to show the very slight rotation, the added frames from a longer capture was just a suggestion to help push focal length as far as it will go, But i suppose i shouldnt compare my goals to others, i assume they also want to push there bounderies, when infact they are probably happy where they are, and if thats so, then its not my place to suggest otherwise. Each to there own

as long as they enjoy it, its all good in my book, if people need proof, ill show that in time. but untill then happy astronomy. its a very nice capture colour is lovely too.

Archived