Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello From Lincs!

Space Beagle

Hello all on SGL and big thanks already for all the fantastic information and advice i've come across on this forum! I thought i'd better pipe up and say hello after being a regualr visitor here for a while, so I can 'try' and give back something to all the other users on here that give so readily of their experiences and expertise!!

Some have more to answer for than others mind you - For example Astro Baby 'made' me buy most of the kit I have due to the great reviews on her website :)! Now it appears that she's gone and aquired a Tal 100RS, good grief, i've been thinking about one of those for ages!! Hmmm, better start thinking of ways to justify getting one under the nose of the Fiancee and into the house (or back garden), he he! I think once FLO have moved into thheir swanky new premises I may have to drop them a line!

I'm still quite new to astronomy and I know i've a huge amount to learn, but im really having a great time now just going along at my own pace and discovering new things to observe and how to get the best from my kit, oh and how to be very patient with the weather!

Being an ex RAF 'Techie' and a bit of a science junkie I just love tinkering with things in the hope of making something work a little better and so far, apart from computers which I 'try and fix' for a living, i've found this new interest to be just the thing, especially now I have a bit more free time on my hands!

Anyhow, after all that waffle, thanks again all, oh and hello again!

Doc Davies

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Doc!

A warm welcome to the forum from me. The key to getting more kit into the house is to try and get the other half interested in the subject so in reality, your are buying for both of you (....reality check needed here! Getting kit past the 'Customs Officer' might require a more sophisticated plan...leave it with me, I'll get back to you:D)

Wishing you clear skies - and more planning!!!!

James

Well I better say hi from me - I'm sure I didn't 'make' you buy anything :mad: But I hope you have been as happy with your stuff as I have been.

The TAL by the way is simply wonderful - so much so that I am now thinking about selling all my kit and buying a TAL 125RS :)

I just cant bear to partt with my Newtonian at the moment.

I have the same problems with my partner - they find it hard to understand why I need so much kit. I keep telling them I have cut down on shoes and makeup but they never seem very convinced :icon_scratch:

Archived