Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi there :D

bluemidget

Hiya gang! A complete beginner here!

I'm Neil from Warrington. Following a recent trip to the museum in London, my boyhood interest in the night sky was kicked back into life! Now spending most nights in the back yard looking at the moon through binoculars and trying to work out a few constellations. The dream I suppose is to one day own a telescope and be able to find my way around the stars with it.

all the best!

N.

Hi Neil.

Welcome to the forum.

Got a feeling that it will not be long before you purchase your first scope.

How about joining a local astro group, that way you can hopefully whet your appetite and get a chance to look through some scopes.

Hi Neil, Welcome to the group and to astronomy. If you have not already you should download a program like Stellarium. It's free and will help with the constellations, especially on the cloudy nights.

Well a telescope doesnt have to be a dream these days - prices have fallen amazingly and there are some great bargains to be had.

Welcome to the forum and if you have questions I'm sure we'll all pitch in and try anmd help ;)

Hi Niel and welcome to the group.

If you're saving for a scope then don't forget to check out the "For Sale" section here - there's often some teriffic bargains to be had in used scopes. But binoculars are a great way to start out - same way I did :)

Archived