SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Guess what!!??

Ben478

That'll stay with you forever!

I've been looking at it again tonight, and even though I've seen it lots of times I still get the buzz.

Helen

PS did you have the urge to go and get everyone out of bed to have a look too?

Thanks everyone, it was a beautiful sight! I think what made it more impressive at first was the fact after locating it in the finder I placed the 10mm eyepiece on the scope by mistake, instead of my 25mm. I normally start with the 25mm to make sure I have the object in view then change if needed.

I've been telling everyone I know today!!! :)

well done i saw it for the first time over 25 years ago when i was a teenager :) and it still excites me as much now!the big difference now is i can see the moons as well and instead of showing my mum & sister i show my wife,son,daughter :p

its definately the number 1 thing for the wow factor!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I know a million threads like this already... but I've just seen Saturn for the first time eveeeerr!!!!!! :D:)

Everyone remembers the 1st time they observe Saturn. It is a lifelong memory.

My 1st time was throught a 90mm refractor scope and my first words were:

Holy sh**........f**k me........WOW.

That was about 3yrs ago when the ring system was much more open then now.

Sorry Mods..................i have only honestly expressed my words/thoughts of Saturn when 1st observed.

I dont mean to use bad language.

• 4 weeks later...

I was exactly the same last week! Its the first thing Ive seen through my telescope (and had clouds since so still the only thing!!) I was so amazed and had been looking for a while that I jumped up in the air in excitement and ran and woke my girlfriend up at 1am to come see! Absolutely jaw dropping, cant wait for more opportunities for seeing stuff :)

Holy sh**........f**k me........WOW.

Sorry Mods..................

I dont mean to use bad language.

I was dragged over hot coals for using such ****s in a post about the ISS, afterall we are a family forum and some smart 5 year old might just be able to figure out what the missing letters are and then get all upset............... :D

Hi,

Saturn is always one of the first objects I look at in any session and always the last before packing up. It never gets old....

I thought this was just me! :D

I am just the same it's just lovely and also has the advantage that the moons are constantly changing position and you can test your observing skills and equipment by trying to see as many as possible.

there's definitely something emotional about the planets.

try having a look at the Ring Nebula which is getting a bit higher now in Lyra. This is not quite so impressive as Saturn but really makes me gasp whenever I find it.

Everytime someone posts that they have seen Saturn for the first time it reminds me of the first time I saw Saturn. It's an amazing sight and as mentioned above it's normally the first and last object of an observing session for me as well, well done Ben!:D

Archived