Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M81 L-Ha/R-G-B

MikeD

Hi all.

Last night was my first chance to image with my upgraded EQ6 to EQ6 pro and EQmod. I am very pleased with how it all works (Turned my imaging tool into a big toy what with it's 800x slewing and parking and stuff:D)

Guiding with maxim Dl was good but M81 is near the pole so guiding is always easier, so time will tell on that.

Anyway onto the image, last night was colouring in time.

13 x G @ 5 min's

13 x B @ 5 min's

20 x R @ 5 min's

11 x Ha @ 5 min's

Add that to the 69 X L @ 5 min's from the last few outings to form an L Ha/R-G-B image shot through my 10" newt and HX916 CCD.

Tried to keep the colour subtle on this first edit, I always find M81 a tuff one to process for colour so apologies in advance if I keep posting reworks over the next week or so.

Mike.

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture4292-l-ha-rgb-6.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gosh mike, that look good!

if i was being critical (when am i ever not) but the normal images have bluer spiral arms, and maybe the ha could be a touch more prominent.

but i think you have picked up the IFN in the lower right. Now thats incredible!

nice one

paul

:)Thanks guys.

Paul I know what you mean about the bluer arms I really had to hold myself back on the colour saturation in pursuit of a more natural looking image, as to the IFN if you mean bottom middle right I think thats a poor luminance flat darkening a dust bunnie:o unfortunately the camera has been moved since the L data was taken.:headbang:

Mike.

This is such a hard one to get and you've got it! I like the bluer arms and love the core. You often see an artificial boundary around the brighter part but not here. The core colour is the best I've ever seen.

Stunning.

Olly

Archived