NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Any End To This Weather?

Nexus 6

I must admit my patience has been severely tested by this prolonged poor weather. Any one care to hazard an opinion as to when we might get a sustained improvement?

Really Hoping for Clear Skies

Alan, in dreary grey dull North Lincs!

Celestron CPC 925

Vixen LV 40

Tele Vue Radian 18

Tele Vue Radian 12

Tele Vue Nagler T6 9

Canon1000D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan

All I can say is your not on your own ,the weather in Essex is just as bad, I have

only had two nights from Christmas to now and I was working

and ive got two Naglers to try out and it's driving me mad too by all the weather sites no chance this week , but they never get it right,do they

Doug

Essex

Hmmm, if I really took stock of all this bad weather, I'd be one depressed person....

So I get philosophical about it!

1) We are a rainy country, that means nice lawns, clouds create interesting vistas in the sky during daytime...

2) When it is clear at night, which is infrequent in these parts, I thoroughly make the most of it...if I was out every night observing, I'd have no marriage, no job, no life due to EXHAUSTION!!

For some reason for me, a rare, clear night sky makes me appreciate the hobby a lot more. ;)

Got drunk last night and passed out watching a film. Woke up at 2:00am and looked outside and guess what? Clear skies! (I live in Kent)

Well I couldn't let this oppo go so I extracted the telescope from the shed and had a wonderful half hour observing saturn as it was high enough in the sky for me at last. First ever view through a telescope of this incredible planet and WOW!

The rings were almost straight on and I could make out Titan easily. If i wasn't still drunk I probably would have been able to make out the other moons as well...!

Amazingly I managed to put everything away without any breakages and retired to bed a happy man.

Here (N Coast N Nireland) there were two absolutely superb evenings last week, practically no cloud at all, no moon, no wind, not much dew, the seeing was much better than average too. If every week had just half as many superb evenings as last, I wouldn't complain.

Sadly the weather has changed, since Saturday just grey, also wet this morning.

I managed to get out a week ago saw M3 for the first time, doubt I'll be out again this week if the forecast is anything to go by. It would be great if we had a run of a few clear nights and see all that we can see but y'know this is BRITAIN ;)

Here (N Coast N Nireland) there were two absolutely superb evenings last week, practically no cloud at all, no moon, no wind, not much dew, the seeing was much better than average too.

Hi Brian

I got a great image of Mars on Wednesday past, I suspect this was one of the nights you mention in your post!

It wont ever clear - I am convinced of it. I have tons of stuff to try out and if the weather doesnt clear soon I'll be bankrupt cos when I cant observe I shop.

So far since the clouds arrived I have bought a Unitron, a Tal 100RS, a SkyMax 180, a 2" diagonal, a Vixen NPL 30mm and the Stellarvue F50M finder.

Hardly any of its been used and I am running out of time to use the 180 Mak as it has to go to my sisters soon ;)

if the weather doesnt clear soon I'll be bankrupt cos when I cant observe I shop.

And the more you shop, the less chance there is of it clearing....

The sooner you go bankrupt, the sooner you'll be able to observe. Go figure.

Its depressing... I'm also suffering the bad weather and I'm convince Orion will have gone long before I can get any imaging done...;)

Well I guess it will be clear in 1 week when I'm back on business in Japan. They have lovely clear weather condition there, shame about the light pollution though.

Neil.

Archived