Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrofest thoughts....

NickH

Regarding not knowing other SGL folks you might be walking past. What about a downloadable badge with a SGL logo on and space to write your name on it, available in good time before the next Astrofest. A bit of double sided tape on the back and job done. Just a thought.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regarding not knowing other SGL folks you might be walking past. What about a downloadable badge with a SGL logo on and space to write your name on it, available in good time before the next Astrofest. A bit of double sided tape on the back and job done. Just a thought.

It's a great idea and something we will look at producing for the next astrofest.

Hi everyone,

I am the proud owner of the Skylight F/15 model # 2.

I can personally recommend this instrument.

If anyone would like to ask any questions about it, please feel free to do so.

Many thanks,

Neil.

can we have a pic.....i know Google is our friend but would be nice for a pic here as well ;)

Hi,

I reviewed this instrument in the December 2009 issue of Astronomy Now. I have alsow written extensively on my experiences with it on Cloudy Nights. Rather than re-iterate what I've said time and time again about this refractor, it might be easier if you contacted me directly

email: neilenglish40@gmail.com

Many thanks,

Neil.

Neil,

It maybe an idea to hide your phone number. The threads are open to the whole web to read. You don't want to be pestered by some crank. Members could contact you via PM for more details. Just a thought.

Russ

Neil,

It maybe an idea to hide your phone number. The threads are open to the whole web to read. You don't want to be pestered by some crank. Members could contact you via PM for more details. Just a thought.

Russ

I've removed Neil's phone number Russ.

Ron.

do you think our sponsors would allow for t shirts with the sgl logo and maybe with our names on the back to be made up, i know a screen printer that may be able to help out, would be great when we do the astro meets.

who would i need to contact for more advice on the idea ?

I had mine on...

Met up with Peter Shah and RichieJarvis and got plenty of imaging advice to help me along...

To be honest though, didn't think there were many bargains to be had this year.

Then tripped on the way down to the tube station and gashed my forearms quite badly - now both in bandages!!! ;)

Hopefully see more of you next time - a discreet badge of some sort would be a great help to pick you all out!

post-16760-13387742567_thumb.jpg

Referring back to the identification problem, it would be very nice to have a small metal pin badge designed by SGL members, perhaps through competition. I am sure that with the considerable number of members we have, it would be a self financing and viable proposition. There may however be complications, no doubt our moderators can advise otherwise.

I've never been to Astrofest and would love to maybe next year.

It sounds like the F15 frac was the overall star of the show, and from the pictures and reviews I have seen, deservedly so..perhaps a few of our more well heeled members could now go and buy one!;)

As for recognizing SGL members, why not all agree to wear a small lapel badge with our SGL monicker in Block Capitals...in my case F15Rules...that should start some conversations!;)

Hi everyone,

I am the proud owner of the Skylight F/15 model # 2.

I can personally recommend this instrument.

If anyone would like to ask any questions about it, please feel free to do so.

Many thanks,

Neil.

I had the pleasure of looking AT this telescope, but sadly not THROUGH it, at Neils home ( drizzly daylight at the time ;)).

It looks fantastic, and if the quality of the optics is anywhere near the quality of the fit and finish then I would love to own one, maybe when I win the lottery.;)

Archived