Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A milestone, I guess

John

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....... 4 and a bit years later he's still at it.

That's my 5000'th folks - thanks for putting up with me and thanks to the admins and mods for a fantastic place to spend too much time on :):hello2:;)

In November 2005 a middle aged bloke living a few miles sw of Bristol made his 1st post on this forum .....
Congratulations - and you can't be too far from me (I live a few miles SE of Bath).

Having said that, at the rate I'm going, I'll beat your 4.5 years to 5000 quite easily...

Well done sir! I keep meaning to ask which Hawkwind album cover is that in your avatar........

Thanks yeti monster ;)

It's the back cover from "The Hall of the Mountain Grill" - the artist is David Hardy the well known space artist and illustrator. The album was Lemmy's favourite Hawkwind production I believe.

I'm just an old rocker at heart I'm afraid ...... :)

Thanks yeti monster ;)

It's the back cover from "The Hall of the Mountain Grill" - the artist is David Hardy the well known space artist and illustrator. The album was Lemmy's favourite Hawkwind production I believe.

I'm just an old rocker at heart I'm afraid ...... :)

I was thinking "Hall of the Mountain Grill", but it wasn't clicking. Isn't there a cafe called that on Cadair Idris?

I was thinking "Hall of the Mountain Grill", but it wasn't clicking. Isn't there a cafe called that on Cadair Idris?

I don't know about Cadair Idris but apparently there used to be a cafe with that name on the Portobello Road which some band members used to frequent.

Couldn't do that today of course - "Foyer of the Spud-U-Like" is NOT a cool name for a rock album :)

John,

It's good to know there are some other ageing rockers out there too.

My idea of heaven is playing Stairway to Heaven on my 1957 re-issue Fender Strat or my Marlique Broken Wings Reborn Series (see picture) whilst gazing into the business end of a Takahashi 6" apo scope:D!

Peace, brothers and sisters:p

post-16698-133877425513_thumb.jpg

Well done John, great milestone indeed. A remember you joining the forum and taking an instant liking to your posts. Such a knowledgeable chap and your posts are always of the highest quality and such a good read. :) I always make a B-line for anything you post. Hang on your every word!

Here's to your next 5000 posts and many more years on the forum!

Regards

Russ

Well done John, if only for winkling out all the sad old rockers and forcing them to reveal themselves on this thread ;), me ? I'm far too young and sensible for any of that nonsense, :D ...heres to your next 5000 posts .:)

Archived