Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSO Checklist (Messier, Herschel 400, Caldwell, Colored Doubles)

pvaz

It's an Excel file with the 4 lists.

The 1st page shows the totals, the others have each list. The lists can be ordered by column and allow filters. This is most useful when you decide to go through a constellation. You just have to go to the constellation columns and tick only the one you wish.

By filling in the "Date Observed" column the totals will automatically update.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
nice spreadsheet alot of hard work has gone into that well done :eek:

Thanks but it wasn't that much work! :evil6:

I just made some random copy pastes from some sites that had the lists and saved them. A month or so later I reorganized all in 1 file added the totals and the filters. The hard work of compiling the lists wasn't mine, I just made the "package". :D

I hope you all enjoy it.

• 2 months later...

Here's a new version with a list for planets and Lunar 100 objects.

Also fixed the title row on all pages to make them more accessible when you're using the filters to plan your sessions.

Enjoy!:D

You're welcome.

I like to have things organized to plan my sessions as fast as possible and this file makes it a lot easier. I actually did it for myself and it's no trouble at all to share it. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A bit late for this year but, just in case it is of interest, I have Messier check lists, in suggested order of observation for a marathon -- PDF, HTML, Excel, CSV and Lotu 123 (yes, I did these a long time ago! :o ) versions.

I also have Messier finder charts for binoculars (10* field, 5* circle, uninverted) and telescopes (5* field, 2* circle, E-W reversed). Similar vintage, so just monochrome (which I prefer anyway).

Archived