NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HitecAstro EQDIR adapter

FLO

HitecAstro are a new company offering a range of controllers, power supplies and adapters. First up is a new EQDIR adapter that is more compact and convenient than competing brands. Perhaps most noteworthy is that it allows direct connection of Skywatcher HEQ5 and EQ6 mounts (Synrek and PRO models) to a laptop via a standard USB lead.

eqdir_modules.jpg

Retail price is £39 which, because it doesn't need additional leads and adapters, is significantly cheaper than the current leading brand.

We (FLO) are also offering a 60-day money-back guarantee so you can buy this new product with confidence.

The EQMOD project consists of a suite of open source applications that bypasses the hand-controller and communicates directly with the mount's stepper motor controller. For details of this new adapter please click on the link in the first paragraph, for details of the EQMOD project please see their website

If your computer doesn't already have the necessary driver it can be downloaded from HERE

Consider also joining the EQMOD Users Group

.... Apologies for all the sales cliche's in this post but sometimes there is no other way to say these things :icon_eek:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, in theory an ASCOM compliant planetarium application can interface with EQMOD and operate the telescope through EQDIR without the use of the handset.

Sadly, those of us that use Mac's aren't able to do this :icon_eek:

James

Just to say I'm sat here in the Obs using one as we speak - and working my way up the EQMOD learning curve. Once I got the right COM port it worked first time ;) . And so I've just been driving my mount with a game pad :icon_eek: and synching with Starry Night 5. Shame its cloudy really :)

Helen

Cunning but not 'that cunning'..

I am a dedicated mac user and wont go back..

What I plan to do is buy my daughter one of those teeny netbooks so she can use iplayer and do all her girls dress up games and stuff....

By night it will have a double life unknown to others....

I am getting her a pink one.... but in the dark nobody will notice..

Athough i could paint the mount to match.

Steve

PS..

That IS an avatar and not 'really' me you know...

I live in the sticks but do have all my teeth still..

If you like the film 'Deliverance' you will know the character..

"Squeal Piggy!!

Archived