Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Veil Nebula from Salisbury

Mel

This was taken on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Thursday was 12*Ha and 12*OIII on the thinner part, Friday was 4*Ha and 4*OIII and Saturday was the same. All subs were 10 minutes.

The scope was my FLT110 with the SXVH9 and it was guided with the Megrez and the DSI.

Enjoy and thanks for looking!

Iain

post-15119-13387739411_thumb.jpg

Ah...I knew this would be a good 'un :)

Great filamentary detail.....the blend between the Ha and OIII in tghe luminance layer works very well.

Which layer did you set to lighten? Ha or OIII?

Cheers

Rob

Hi chaps,

Thanks for the kind comments - I'm already working on mk2.

Rob, I just checked and as luck would have it I saved the Lum as a separate psd. I set the Ha to lighten, on top of the OIII and the opacity was set to 74%.

Iain

Thanks again chaps - some lovely comments there. I'll post the reprocess when I'm happy with it... might be some time though :).

I look forward to meeting you all again at the next similar event, it always surprises me how much these social gatherings can bring you forward in your hobby.

Iain

Archived