Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7000 Astro Trac

Coco

My first NGC7000 taken with astro trac.

This was taken in faint cloud,half Moon and my light polluted garden so I'm pleased with it :)

It also has re assured me its worth getting the gear out whatever the conditions, there's always a target to image :)

EOS 40D (modded)

Sigma 100-300/4 @ 135mm f/4

24 x 1:25sec subs

Cheers

Guy..

original.jpg

Ive added some more data... Lights at a different angle but added in mosaic mode and re cropped. Plus Darks instead of Bias only..

Am getting rather pleased considering the conditions 100% cropps show star trailing but forgiven ... :)

Thank you for the positive original comments guy's ... it means a great deal to us noobs. :)

original.jpg

Wow, very impressive Guy, even at 100% I don't see any field curvature in that lens, very nice! Even my Canon L lens shows some at f4. Also shows how well the Astrotrac works at that focal length, hard to beat for a portable setup. :)

Daniel

Very nice image, can i ask you were you got you canon d40 modded and was it worth it.

cheers

paul j

Hi, it was sent to astronomiser

I can certainly say its worth it :) 1st class service and quick turn around.

Buy a CLS clip filter first, Thats a good investment.

This is a nice image but it appears you may have stretched curves a bit much and clipped the black point leaving an overly bright core and induced noise

What program did you use to process the stack image

IMHO

This is a nice image but it appears you may have stretched curves a bit much and clipped the black point leaving an overly bright core and induced noise

What program did you use to process the stack image

IMHO

Photoshop CS3 & tutorial link found on here

Guy...

Archived