NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Newbie from South Suffolk, UK

Jayla

Hi

My name is James (I've always used this username for gaming and such :) ) I'm 22 and from the South Suffolk area.

I've always been fascinated by science and although I've never been a die hard enthusiast, I've always tried to make the time to read any interesting space/astro article on the news, and have often made a point of watching any astro based documentaries on the Discovery channel :)

I've recently decided that its time I made more of an effort, I've picked up "bbc sky at night" and "sky and telescope" magazines, I've got "left turn at orion" on reserve at the library, hoping to pickup some Celestron Skymaster 15x70s' for my 23rd next month, and have spent countless hours reading forums like these, astronomyforums.net and general googling. Stellarium has also been a nice tool to play with . (Steven Hawkins' brief history of time also has its place on my bookshelf :))

Aside from this, my other interests are anything IT based, such as Java/Linux, and the usual gaming of course :D

So yeah, thats the self-introduction. It'd be nice to meet some likeminded local individuals, provided they don't mind having to put up with a complete newbie that is ;P

Live long and prosper

(sorry, just had to :))

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi James,

A warm welcome to SGL, the bins you intend acquire 15 x 70 are a little outside the hand held variety, if you do not already have one it would be wise to buy a good solid tripod, enjoy the forum.

John.

Hi James, I dont mind newbies around when I am playing - I was a newbie myself a year or so back :cool: As already said be warned this hobby can empty your bank account faster than an internet fraudster :)

Hi James and welcome to SGL from another Suffolk boy (Woodbridge area).

As Rog (Celescope) says - There are quite a few of us here - watch out for the East Anglian SGL meets which we have from time to time.

Cheers

Bill:)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

SGL has provided a lot of interesting reading time so far!

Will keep an eye out for any Suffolk/East Anglia based events in the near future :cool:

Thanks

J

Archived