Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Betelgeuse Supernova Live Feed

Bazz

Reinforces the belief that there's a lot of rubbish on the Web.  OTOH,  I'd hope that somebody somewhere is monitoring it, just in case.

According to science calculations, it's time for my breakfast.

Edited by jjohnson3803

Bazz you will be in your grave when it happens, it has many 1000's of years to go yet. Estimates from the scientists are  anything from 1000 - 100,000 years before it exhausts all of it elements.

Edited by Naughty Neal

28 minutes ago, Naughty Neal said:

Bazz you will be in your grave when it happens, it has many 1000's of years to go yet. Estimates from the scientists are  anything from 1000 - 100,000 years before it exhausts all of it properties.

Sorry but I believe that no one is sure what or how long this is going to take with some experts saying it is imminent and could happen today tomorrow or in a hundred years. Of course it might already have happened but we just do not know yet.

Edited by Bazz

32 minutes ago, jjohnson3803 said:

Reinforces the belief that there's a lot of rubbish on the Web.  OTOH,  I'd hope that somebody somewhere is monitoring it, just in case.

According to science calculations, it's time for my breakfast.

How is it rubbish?

37 minutes ago, DaveS said:

In every which way.

It's not happening anytime soon. Minimum of decades away even if carbon burning has started, and that's not certain.

According to the scientists I have read no one knows for sure. Dr Brian Cox might disagree with you.

Edited by Bazz

Every now and again a YouTube channel rocks up on my feed supposedly showing some comet or other in real time.

Usually click bait, a loop of some other comet from some time ago. The purveyors have no shame.

Still, comentors talk excitedly as though it real and live.

Who'd have thunk it..?

Just now, Paul M said:

Every now and again a YouTube channel rocks up on my feed supposedly showing some comet or other in real time.

Usually click bait, a loop of some other comet from some time ago. The purveyors have no shame.

Still, comentors talk excitedly as though it real and live.

Who'd have thunk it..?

hello Paul I think many astronomers and scientists believe it will happen much sooner than anyone thought originally

• Like 1

OK, carbon fusion ending not starting. Dr Becky put up a video a while ago but plenty of caveats and maybes

And that's my last post on the subject which I think has run its course.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaveS said:

OK, carbon fusion ending not starting. Dr Becky put up a video a while ago but plenty of caveats and maybes

And that's my last post on the subject which I think has run its course.

Oh I think it's an interesting discussion and wouldn't it be fantastic if it did go in our lifetime.

I'll wait for the livestream of when black holes start to evaporate due to Hawking radiation.

Betelgeuse is an odd one, it often comes up in discussion from non astronomy folk i meet when i mention that im in the hobby. It seems to me that most people think that it will go bang any time now, no doubt due to clickbait articles that translate "perhaps in the next 100 000 years" to "next tuesday".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Spock said:

I'm waiting for a live feed of the end of the world. Should be exciting to watch.

Isn't that just ALL of YouTube?